Volunteer as a co-editor
We welcome applications from all: the only criteria is that you have an interest in news and want to write exclusively about women.
Our co-editors usually have some experience, but if you have excellent English grammar and an eye for detail we can train you up.
Ideally, volunteers have internet access and the ability to work remotely (e.g. from home) and some or all of the following skills:
- knowledge and experience of (or at least an interest in) writing news, features or opinion pieces
- research experience
- good IT skills
- knowledge of the web
- ability to work on own
If you want to write for us, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you want to get involved.
We will then contact you to discuss what will be expected of you and how the site, and the team, works.
If you are successful in your application, you will then be asked to regularly write two stories per fortnight to an assigned deadline.
All stories and features must abide by two basic rules:
They must be about women, or told from the perspective of women
They must respect our “house” rules which, in general terms, state that racist, sexist or fascist material will not be accepted.
Volunteer as a guest editor
If you are a high profile individual or are considered an expert in your field, and would like to write a feature or opinion piece – either connected to a current news story or, if not, still relevant to our aims – please email us outlining your profile and what you would like to write about.
Please note that all roles are voluntary, and therefore unpaid.
Story guidelines are:
- Contributions should be 800-1000 words; this can be extended in certain circumstances
- Stories need to relate to a specific point about women and ideally have a topical angle
- Irrespective of topic, gender should be the primary issue, rather than coincidental
- Stories must be free of racist, sexist or fascist ideas or views
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish a story or to alter a story to fit with WVoN house style
Contact us: email@example.com